martes, 19 de abril de 2016

A boring photo

Heeeello there mates, in today's chapter I will talk about a photograph that I took. Well, I have to be honest, I'm not used to take lots of pictures and things, but when I used to have a camera (not anymore because it was stolen :'( ) I only took pictures of what I thought was pretty or to save a memory of an important moment, which was from time to time. So now I will use a picture I had in my flickr ( I don't use it anymore haha) and tell you about it.


    This photo was taken 3 years ago when I thought I'd like photography (which ended up being something I'd do sometimes) and well, you can see that is a little in front of a building haha. This building is close to my aunt's apartment and where I currently live.

I remember taking the picture when we were like "opening" the apartment, which was, I think, one of my first time being in Santiago and I liked the view that the building gave us from the balcony. I could see the Entel Tower and many, maaaany other buildings from that height and one of these structures caught my attention.

You have to know there is a rule in some apartments, where curtains must have a crude or similar color to the one the building has (including mine) and, although I don't consider myself as a very colorful person, I thought that rule diminsh the interest to see the facade of the building (which is understandable, since they are not intended to be interesting, but you get my point haha). Anyways, you can see where I go from now. This building was different from those around him because it was smaller and wider and, besides that, the diversity of colors that it had thanks to the curtains the people choose to put. I liked it, I liked that it was different, I liked the colors and the feeling of the existence of different personality that each apartment could have. It made me think of all those stories that each color could hide behind them. 

I know it's not something so special and everything, but when I was there and saw the building (I was playing with the camera so my reasons for taking the picture weren't that deep lol) I thought it deserved to be photographed 'cause of the mixing that crude colors with others that were brighter that could create a new facade.

   Now I can no longer see the facade very well because they're building a new structure in front of it so :( but at least I'll keep this picture as a reminder of those times when there weren't so many buildings around me haha.

I have nothing more in mind so here's were I end this chapter . That's all folks!

  

2 comentarios:

  1. Is amazing what you can do with colors as in this case reflect more there of the building , showing the identity of the people :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I don't like that kind of buildings, because it looks like a kind off overcrowding and bad regulations in the design and that stuff, but I have to say that the photo is amazing! It's very cool.

    ResponderEliminar