martes, 12 de abril de 2016

My favorite place in Santiago

     When I got asked to write about a special place for me in Santiago, in my mind came a lot of places ('cause Santiago is a very, veeeeery big city if you didn't notice haha), but I think the most significant one would be the Quinta Normal Park.

     The Quinta Normal Park or 'la Quinta', as people usually call it, is located in the Quinta Normal ward, next to the subway with the same name and it's a reaaaaaally big place, like really big, so it contains a lot of these 'mini' places inside, like a lagoon, many museums, small parks and lots of trees with comfortable spaces to take a rest or to practice sports or anything related with a park of this
dimension.















   My first time going to the park was this year, in March, when I had to make these 100 sketches of different places as a homework (I don't want to know of sketches for a long time thanks to this D:) and I got lost walking along through Matucana street, and I saw these big gates with many trees and banks and etc inside, so I thought that maybe it could be a good place to make this work. Anyways, the park came out as a very beautiful and calm place where I'd go anytime when I had to do homeworks like that because of the quantity of spaces you could find there.


  The few times I had visited it I've gone alone, so besides of doing my homework, I also relax and try to disconnect of the hectic lifestyle you normally have in a city like Santiago. I walk, and walk, and walk, not taking any route as a specific one, just wandering around to see the people, to see the trees and admire the different kind of places you can find there, like the National Museum of Natural History, or the lagoon where you can rent a little boat and feed the ducks that live there.




  Sadly and because of the little time that the University gives me, I haven't had the opportunity to visit the park again, so the last time I could go there was like a month ago and I'd really like to go there soon, just to reconnect with this beautiful place and enjoy its qualities again.

  If you hadn't visited it, I highly recommend you to do it. RIGHT, NOW! Nah, but I'm sure you'd enjoy it as much as I did!



4 comentarios:

  1. I like the museums that has the park, they are very interesting!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I liked too much your post, I hope University give you the time to go soon, because in autumn this place must be really beautiful

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I never visited this place, but I hope go soon

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This park is really beatiful, I went sometimes in summer's vacations and is an comfortable place!!!

    ResponderEliminar