martes, 5 de abril de 2016

blahgging about an architect I like (?)

     Welcome back to this trashy blog, in today's chapter I have to write about an architect of my liking so this won't be easy since I don't have a large knownledge 'bout the topic (funny 'cause I'm studying architecture hahaha) but whatever, I'll try to do my best.

   For this topic I'll choose Borja Huidobro, a chilean architect (and painter too) known for winning the National Prize of Architecture in 1991.

   Huidobro studied architecture in Chile but then moved to France in order to join to a french vanguardist group, so his work kind of started in projects he made there along with others architects.  
  His recognition as an architect came with the making of different works not only in France, in India, Spain and China too, like the Public Finance Department in Paris, known for being right next to the Sena river.


       Other of his known works is the National Security  Consortium Department, which has become one of the most recognizible milestone in the Chilean architecture.


      I saw this architect's work back when I was just getting to know the city, but I didn't know of his importance in the chilean architecture 'til my aunt, who is an architect too, metioned him to me when she had to make a project about his life's work and I found kind of atractive to show some of him to you, since he's from Chile and the last work I mentioned from him was really interesting, because of how he could mix in this curve-y and modernist structure with nature, which seems to be 'emerging' from inside of the building.

   From what I know and have gathered about him, his teachers were other National Prize of Architecture winners and that his work were influenced by Roberto Matta and inspired the shape of modern machines like the wings of a plane, or the prow of a ship.

   Anyways, if you want you can always search more about him, maybe you'll like his style and works!

3 comentarios:

  1. Hey Fran!
    Here to leave a little comment, and to tell you I pretty much liked your entry, not just because it's about a chilean architect, but also you chose a remarkable one! as you say, some of his works are a staple in chilean culture, or at least in Santiago, specially the Consortium. I find this guy a visionary in his own way, how does he manage to imagine this!?
    So, hope youn do great here in fau, see you in class!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well, I don't have much time, so I say the obviously, I really like your post but I don't know anything about this architect.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi mate, I personally never heard about this architect, but I made a work a few time ago about the Consorcio Building and it is very interesting. I like the green wall added later to the structure, it is a good idea to promote the care of the environment. Bye!

    ResponderEliminar