martes, 3 de mayo de 2016

The Costume Party

    Heeeeello there mates! well, my task today is to tell you about a piece of art that I like so let's begin immediately.

  I must confess, I'm not an avid fan of art, but if I have the opportunity to see an exhibition or a gallery of art I usually choose to do it. I don't have many preferences, let's say I enjoy whatever I like so there isn't a specific criteria when I'm talking about art. For today, I'll tell you about this masterpiece:



   This beauty is called 'Costume Party' and its painter is Guillermo Lorca García-Huidobro (funny that his name is similar to a very known poet), a young chilean artist that I found about in my days of laziness wandering in Facebook. It's just that sometimes, I like to see cool things in my facebook wall, so one day this beauty appeared in it, and I was like 'whoaa what dis' haha. I looked for the author and ta-dah, he was chilean and VERY talented, with really beautiful works that I liked almost immedately. As I said, I don't have specific parameters when it's about art, but I have always liked the use of human body in art, how the different artists could represent it and how close can they be of reality, so the fact that Guillermo Lorca used it in his works, along with animals (usually dogs -insert a big heart here-) to represent a child-ish, unconscious and very-well-hidden-in-human-nature nightmare in a mess of savage, crude and chaotic composition made me fell in love with his art.


   
   I chose this one not because it's my favorite, since all of his works are awesome as hell, I chose this only because it was the first one that I saw of this class, and 'cause I think it has a little of every detail that the others have in big quantity. The Costume Party has animals, has meat and blood and the children sharing a moment that seems so pacific but at the same time seems so chaotic and wrong, like something that would be seen only in nightmares. Where the savage nature interacts with what is civilized and human touches wildness in a poetic way. You can feel the hunger, fear, violence and also, some kind of calmness in it and I think it's so powerful, so meaningful and deep that I can't think in other thing when I see this piece.

   A plus that I can add is that he uses realistic techniques to create, with many details and vivid colors, so it's, like, a more 'tangible' feeling when you admire the paint.


   I could say many other things about Guillermo Lorca's work, but I'd like for you to look more about this, and maybe (I hope) you'll like the way he uses art to represent that part of our nature that is so violent and savage.

  Anyways, see you in another chapter of this trashy blog! Farewell my folk!
   
   

1 comentario: